Eggless Wheat Chocochip Cookies
Updated: Jul 16, 2020
Servings: 12-15 medium cookies
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter ( at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup choco chips
In a bowl, mix butter and sugar (castor and brown) with a spatula until it becomes creamy and fluffy. Add vanilla essence in it and mix it again. Keep this aside.
In a small bowl sieve flour, baking soda, cornflour and mix it.
Add all the dry ingredients into the butter and mix it. Now slowly add milk into this and make a dough.
Do not over mix. Add 1/2 of the choco chips to this dough. Now keep this cookie dough in the fridge for 30 mins.
Take out the cookie dough from the fridge. Line the baking tray with butter paper and set aside. Now make cookies out of this dough and place them about 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Decorate these cookies with remaining choco chips.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius for 10 minutes.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cookies turn golden brown. Allow cooling on wire rack. Then store in an airtight container.
1. Every ovens temperature settings may be little different, so keep an eye on cookies.
2. You can skip the cornflour but cornflour makes this cookie more crunchy and tender.
3. Do not use melted or cold butter for this recipe. It should be at room temperature.